MUJI KENYA HARA TOKYO










Har ni sett
de fina asiatiska Muji produkterna
som
finns b la på Åhlens City?
Så mycket att välja på...




“The process of designing the house is what gives me energy.
The house I live in right now is an old apartment that I bought and remodeled.
 I thought about a lot of things at that time.
I made a tiny little office with tatami mats,
and I’ve found that I can write and concentrate well in that space.
But it’s not that I’m permanently satisfied with it.
The thing about a house is that you can re-do it over and over, and each time is a chance to reflect on yourself.”


On the best way to use MUJI products


“I have MUJI stuff in my home, but I couldn’t handle all MUJI.
 I’m 54 years old. I have certain things that I like.
 MUJI is good for filling in the spaces between those more distinctive objects.
We’re not out on the market waving our hand in the air like some other brands
– we’re a much quieter brand.
The fact that the products don’t have a strong personality
is what makes them able to fit in anywhere.”


“Like the company’s other products,
 the houses can become the background for anyone’s life.
We put out a book of photographs of people living in MUJI houses.
Their creativity in terms of how they were using the space went way beyond
what I could have imagined.
 I think the universality of the design brings out the individuality of each person.”

Här








POPULÄRA INLÄGG